Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Two and a Half Mommies

We are hanging out in the living room watching 2 and 1/2 Men. We did the bottom 1/2 of the PT exercises this morning after fluids (Legs) and then took a nap. More POTATO SOUP for dinner. I am curious to see how much weight she has gained this week. I have gained 2 lbs eating the same things as her and she is also drinking Ensure. If she hasn't put on at least 5 lbs, I will be surprised.

I went and picked up a recliner off Craig's List today in Apex. Mom needs to sit up in a chair to help strengthen her core muscles. We have big, squashy furniture which makes it hard to sit up straight.

If you want to talk to Mom, drop me an email and I will send you my phone number. Our address is: 407 Holland Road, Fuquay Varina, NC 27526.

We will back in Greensboro sometime Sunday for a Dr's Appt w/George Monday AM. After Monday, we should know the plans for the next round of Chemo.

From Mom:

Life is good in the Boraski Bed and Breakfast. 4 stars. I feel better than I have in a long time.

Good Things for Today:
1. POTATO SOUP
2. Cards and emails for Mom


Voice Mail Messages on Mom's Phone: 32

Random Strangeness from Today: The heparin that I use to flush Mom's port after fluids has been recalled. I got a call today from the pharmacist telling me they would switch our supplies out in the AM and not to use it today. She told me not to worry, they haven't seen any problems and this was a precautionary recall. Not a conversation I had planned to have today.

No comments: